Written by Shannon Lavery, Accredited Practising Dietitian
One-tray bake recipes are perfect for those short on time, especially in the evenings, and are looking for a quick and easy dinner solution to satisfy the whole family that won’t compromise their health. They provide maximum nutrition, with minimal prep time or dirty dishes. Plus, you can use almost any vegetable you have in the fridge.
Our One-Tray Mediterranean Vegetable Bake is super high in fibre which will help keep you feeling fuller for longer with each serve contains more than 6 serves of vegetables! Making it a very easy way to achieve the recommended goal of at least 5 serves of vegetables each day.
For more nutritious recipes check them out here and follow them on Facebook!
One-Tray Mediterranean Bake Recipe:
Approximately 1 hour
- 2 x 400g can diced tomatoes
- 3-4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 x 400g can brown lentils, drained & rinsed
- 1 large eggplant, sliced 1cm thick
- 4 small potatoes, sliced 1cm thick
- 1 large zucchini, sliced 1cm thick
- 1 small red capsicum, sliced 1cm thick
- 12 kalamata olives
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 50g reduced fat feta, crumbled
- ½ cup mozzarella
- Chilli flakes, to serve (optional)
- Black pepper, to serve (optional)
- In a large baking tray, mix together 1 can diced tomatoes (400g), garlic and lentils. Spread evenly over the base of the tray.
- Layer with eggplant, potato, zucchini and capsicum. Top with the second can of diced tomatoes (400g), sprinkle with oregano and scatter with olives. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 175ᵒC for 40 minutes.
- Top with feta and mozzarella and bake a further 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with chilli flakes and cracked pepper if desired.
Enjoy and if you post it, be sure to tag our socials in your culinary creations so we can see!